9 important steps should be taken to increase the security and protection of WordPress websites
WordPress is the most famous content management system, which is why hackers focus on it a lot. Statistics estimate that hackers attack WordPress websites, whether small or large, at a rate of 90,978 attacks per minute! It is a very high rate. This is why WordPress security is becoming increasingly important.
Here are these important steps to protect your website
1. Update the WordPress version and all the plugins and themes used on the website
2. Use a strong and complex password and username for the website only and do not share them with anyone
3. Use and purchase themes and plugins from trusted sources such as wordpress.org, ThemeForest and codecanyon
4. Use a security plugin such as Wordfence, Sucuri, and All In One WP Security
5. Protect the WordPress dashboard by changing the login link and limiting the number of attempts to access it.
6. Update the PHP version used by the website’s hosting.
7. Hide the WordPress version, themes, plugins, and the PHP version used and prevent access to this information
8. Use strong and complex database passwords and unique tables prefix
9. Connecting the website to a CDN such as Cloudflare helps reduce exposure to hacking and improves website performance